Monday, July 30, 2007

# 20: YouTube

Only with YouTube could I show you a 'Wild Parrot Pizza Party!' D'awwwww...



I chose this video
because I happen to own a parrot of this type in the clip above. She is
not wild -- she's lived a caged existence with me since she was 9 weeks
out of the egg and we've been housemates for 9 years. However, she is
every bit as cute as those rogue Quakers flying about the park
pilfering pizza. Not that I'm, y'know, biased or anything.

As for the use of YouTube in a library setting...

Well, it's certainly handy, but the audio part of the audio-visual might
present a problem in certain situations. I see it more as fun than
useful really. Not that those are mutually exclusive but it's hard to
imagine a specific use in the library of today at least.

EDIT 8/18/07:

Why, oh WHY does the text formatting go to hoolies (apologies to Jennifer Roberson) in a handbasket whenever I post a fancy bit of code or embedded thingamajig? Grrr...

No comments: